I know, I haven’t updated in a while, and I’m sorry for that. Unfortunately, my dad and I have been really busy with different things so it has been more difficult lately to spend time on Cora. However, we made progress last week!
Priming the power steering pump case.
Above is the power steering pump case primed and ready to be painted.
Jackie replacing the inner o-ring seals on the power steering pump. The old o-rings were hardened and brittle and simply broke apart when being removed, which was not surprising since they were 38-years old!
Above is me removing some fun little rubber seals that were a pain to take out.
The rebuilt power steering pump. The pulley will be put on when we attach the mounting bracket before installing it on the engine.
^One good lookin’ power steering pump ready to go!
The newly sleeved master cylinder. We had to sleeve it due to pitting inside the cylinder bore.
Our freshly painted master cylinder. This is an Eastwood 2K Ceramic Caliper paint.
This is a shot of the floor pan rust on the driver’s side as shown by the flight coming up through the floor. We will be replacing both floor pans.
Most of the interior is striped at this point and the rear cargo area is looking good.
Only the instrument cluster, upper dash pad, A-pillars, and upper windshield trim remain. Unfortunately many of the screws in the upper windshield trim and A-pillars are rusted solid and will need to be drilled out.
So as you can see, my dad and I did get some things done this week! Thanks for tuning in and God bless!